Thursday, January 12, 2012

Some Kind of Asian Something


So, I have been looking in my local grocery stores for a long time to find Pad Thai Rice Noodles, and couldn't find them anywhere. Well, I finally found them at a store that I rarely ever shop at. I was really excited to cook with them, but couldn't find a recipe that sounded fantastic to me. So I ended up just doing my own thing and throwing stuff in that I thought would be good... and it was! After we ate, and loved it, I hurried to write down everything I put in it so that it could be recreated. I just don't know what to call it though.....

Some Kind of Asian Something

1 1/2 lb boneless/skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 8oz. package Pad Thai Rice Noodles
1/2 cup carrots, matchstick sliced
1 cup zucchini, quartered then sliced
2 cups fresh broccoli flowerettes

1/3 cup soy sauce
3-4 tbsp pure sesame oil
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
2 tsp garlic powder (I was out of garlic cloves or I would have used 3 or 4 minced cloves instead)
4 Tbsp water

Mix soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, garlic powder, and water, set aside. Place noodles in a bowl of hot water to soak for 7 or 8 minutes. Meanwhile, stir-fry the chicken in a little oil,  for a few minutes, then add carrots. After a couple more minutes add the broccoli and zucchini. Continue to cook these until chicken is done and veggies are crisp-tender. Drain noodles and add them to the pan, stirring them into the chicken/veggies. Stir-fry for a couple of minutes, then add the soy sauce mixture to the pan. Continue to stir-fry until all of the noodles, chicken, and veggies are coated in the sauce. Serve.

2 comments:

The Baker said...

So where did you find the noodles? Konnie Giddings

MaryAnn said...

Konnie! I found them at Harmon's in Farmington.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...