Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Garlic, Chicken, Spinach and Artichoke Crepes

I had some crepes once at a wedding dinner that I really loved.  It was about 10 or 12 years ago, and I still remember them very well. I decided to try and come up with a crepe filling that would be like the one I remembered.  I succeeded.  These were really amazing. My husband loved (LOVED) these.  We decided that this filling would actually be pretty good over pasta too. Maybe we will give that a try sometime.  I also think that mushrooms would be amazing in this.

Garlic, Chicken, Spinach, and Artichoke Crepes

2 large, boneless/skinless chicken breasts cut into small pieces
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 tsp. salt (or to taste)
1/2 can quartered artichoke hearts
2 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
1 8oz brick cream cheese
1/2 cup chicken broth

Salt the chicken. Saute the chicken and garlic in the olive oil.  When cooked thoroughly, add the artichokes and spinach, stir together. Add the cream cheese in pieces, and then the chicken broth.  Over medium heat, stir together until cream cheese is melted and mixed well with the broth. Simmer for a couple of minutes to thicken up, then serve inside of crepes.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Your savory crepes look creamy and so delicious! I bet the sauce would be great over pasta too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...