Friday, January 13, 2012

Pizza Pinwheels


This was a fun and easy dinner that everyone enjoyed. The best way to explain these is that they are like cinnamon rolls, but pizza instead. I had great intentions of making my own pizza dough for these, but when I was grocery shopping a little voice in my head told me that buying the cans of Pillsbury Pizza Dough would be a whole lot easier, and that is what I did. I had never bought that kind of pizza dough before, and wasn't too surprised when it tasted just like the canned biscuits. Next time I make these I will make the dough, however, for a quick meal, the canned dough worked out great.
A big thanks to my friend and neighbor Sasha who saved my hide with a jar of spaghetti sauce. While these were in the oven, I ran down to my storage room to grab a jar, only to realize that I didn't have any! Guh! Thanks again Sasha!
FYI, I had no idea how much to make. I used three cans of pizza dough. Each can made about 12 rolls. That was obviously WAY too much for my family of six. Two cans would have been plenty! Also, I used the "thin crust" cans of dough.

Pizza Pinwheels

Pizza Dough
Cheese
Pizza toppings
Marinara sauce for dipping

Roll out dough into a triangle. Top the dough with cheese and whatever pizza toppings you would like. Starting with the long side of the rectangle, roll up the dough into a long log. Use a sharp knife to slice the log into about 1 inch slices. Place slices on a cookie sheet that has either been sprayed, has parchment paper. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until the pinwheels start to turn golden brown. Serve with marinara sauce (and for my family, Ranch dressing) for dipping.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...