Sunday, May 22, 2011

Coconut Chicken Curry


I have never classified my self as a "curry fan".... until I tried this. My friend Rachel brought it to a Church Activity, and I loved  it after the first bite. I was really excited to get the recipe and make it for my curry-lovin' husband.  Yep, he loved it too. I later found out from Rachel that her Brother-in-law came up with this recipe... pretty impressive.

Coconut Chicken Curry

2 chicken breasts, cubed
Fresh green beans (you don't need very many)
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1 can coconut milk (14 oz)
1 Tbsp. fish oil (fish sauce)
1 Tbsp. green curry (can add more if you like it spicier)
1 1/2 Tbsp sugar

Boil green beans with water and a dash of salt in a large saucepan, just for a couple of minutes, you still want them to be crunchy. Drain and return to the sauce pan with some butter and the red pepper. Stir fry the green beans and red pepper, then remove and set veggies aside. Add chicken to the pan and cook until done.  Remove and set aside.  Rinse the pan out with cold water to cool it down so that the coconut milk doesn't scorch. Put back on burner on low setting. Add can of coconut milk, fish sauce, green curry and sugar. Stir until dissolved. Add chicken and vegetables to milk mixture. Simmer until it thickens... although it doesn't really thicken too much.  Serve with rice.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...