Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sour Cream Cake

This is the PERFECT cake to make for strawberry shortcake, but it is super yummy by itself too. The flavor is subtle, the cake is dense, and it has this amazing, crispy-ish crust that is so darn good. I got this recipe from my mother-in-law.  She made it for us shortly after I married her amazing son, and I loved it. When she wrote out the recipe for me, she wrote "freezes well" on the recipe card.  I am just passing that info along as a FYI, in case you would like to freeze it.  I have never yet had a need to freeze any of it... it is always eaten up to quickly.

Sour Cream Cake

3 cubes butter
3 cups sugar
6 eggs
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder
3 cups + 3 Tbsp flour
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. almond extract
1 cup sour cream

Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs and flavorings.  Stir in sour cream, then flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Spray 2 loaf pans, and divide the batter between the two. Bake at 300 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...