Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Italian Cream Cheese Chicken

Dinner doesn't get any easier than this. This is a super easy recipe that has tons of flavor. I first had this dish at a gathering of friends while we were living in Iowa City, Iowa. We loved it, and so I asked for the recipe.  Since then, I have run into different versions of the recipe many times in different cookbooks and blogs. When we first had it, it was served over smashed red potatoes, so that is the way I have always served it.  In all the other times that I have seen the recipe, it said to serve over rice or noodles. As you can tell in the picture, I decided to try it over rice. YUM. We really liked it with the rice. It wasn't as heavy of a meal as it is when it is served over the potatoes.  Don't get me wrong... it's good with the potatoes too.  Maybe next time I will try it with the pasta.

Italian Cream Cheese Chicken

4-6 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup butter
2 8 oz. bricks of cream cheese
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 envelopes dry Italian dressing mix
1 cup of milk

Melt butter in crock pot and then place chicken in crock pot.  Stir together the rest of the ingredients (doesn't need to be smooth) and pour over chicken.  Cook on low heat for about 6 hours. Remove lid and gently stir, breaking the chicken up as you stir. Serve over rice, pasta, or potatoes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...