Sunday, February 6, 2011

Beef Stir Fry

I love stir-fry.  It is one of my favorite things to make. I found the recipe for this stir-fry sauce in the Lion House Cookbook.  In there is it called "Beef and Seven Vegetables", but I like saying beef stir-fry better. And I don't use the same 7 vegetables that they say to use.  You can use whatever veggies you want in this, I will list below the ones that I usually like to use. All measurements listed below for the beef and veggies are approximate.  This is another one of those things that I never measure.

Beef Stir-Fry

1 1/2 lb lean beef, cut into strips
2 cups carrots
3 cups broccoli
3 cups cauliflower
1 or 2 small zucchini sliced
1 can either bamboo shoots or water chestnuts
1 cup snow peas
4 cups beef stock (or 4 cups water with 4 bullion cubes)
1/2 cup soy sauce
3 Tbsp corn starch mixed in 1/4 cup cold water

Cook strips of beef in a large skillet or wok (I usually cook it for about an hour or so to make it more tender, adding small amounts of water as it simmers, but that is totally optional). Add veggies to pan and stir-fry until veggies are crisp tender.  Remove beef/veggies from pan, and add beef stock, soy sauce and cornstarch/water.  Simmer until it starts to thicken, then add beef and veggies to it.  Serve over rice.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...