Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Jalapeno Cheese Spread

Every fall we make a trip to Logan. We started it when we were first married, and have gone every year, except of course when we lived in Iowa.  It has been fun since moving back to have our kids get excited about going.  We do the same things each year.  We go see Steve's great grandparent's home in Hyrum, and Steve tells the kids stories of playing there as a child and shares memories of his Great Grandma (she lived to be 102, and Steve was 14 when she died).  We also go see some buffalo that are just a couple blocks away from that house. We usually either drive up Black Smith Fork Canyon or up Logan Canyon, then we always eat at Papa Kelsey's Pizza.  YUM.  But the main reason we go each year is to get some Gossner's cheese.  We love their squeeky cheese and these yummy cheese spreads that they make.  So this year we went up, and did all of the usuals.  When we got home though, one of the sacks got accidently left in the back of the van.  I won't name any names.... okay, it was Steve's fault.  The sack that got left behind had the cheese spreads in it.  Steve was so bummed.  He was totally looking forward to eating some of his jalapeno spread during our Church's semi-annual General Conference.  So I decided to come up with my own version of it.  He loved it.  Success!  So here is the recipe in case anyone else wants to try it.
P.S. The other spread we always get for me (I am not a jalapeno fan) is a garlic one.  I am planning on trying to come up with my own version of that one too.  When I do, I will be sure to share the recipe.
P.P.S.  I have no idea if I am spelling Jalapeno right!

Jalapeno Cheese Spread

1 8oz brick of cream cheese (at room temp)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 cup milk
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 can diced jalapenos

Mix all ingredients in mixer. I mixed it for about 2 or 3 minutes, to try and get it kinda light and fluffy.  Serve with crackers.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...