Wednesday, October 13, 2010

4 packet roast

If you haven't noticed, I love the Sisters Cafe recipe blog.  This is yet another recipe I tried of theirs.  It was fun to try something different with my normal "Sunday roast".  We really liked the flavor that all the seasonings gave the roast.  My initial thought as I dumped all the packets on was that it was going to be way to much seasoning.  But it wasn't at all.  It was great.

4 Packet Roast

1 Beef Roast (whichever cut you prefer)
1 packet ranch dressing mix
1 packet italian dressing mix
1 packet brown gravy mix
1 packet onion soup mix
assorted veggies if desired (I added carrots and onions to mine)

Place roast in crock-pot and place veggies around roast.  Sprinkle each packet over the roast.  Pour about 1/2 to 3/4 cup water around the roast. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.  (I actually cooked my on high for about 6 hours and it was perfect)

1 comment:

cox said...

tried this last night. It was amazing and made the roast very tender. All kids loved it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...