Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Chicken and Wild Rice Soup



For all of you who have been hounding me to post some recipes on my blog, here you go. Now, LEAVE ME ALONE!! Just kidding. I'm flattered by the hounding. I'm glad that many of you use this blog for recipes. I can't believe that it has been two years since I lasted posted! That is craziness. A lot has happened in the last two years! Life has been a little crazy. But I do enjoy keeping this blog and I am recommitting myself to post recipes!

I have to give warning, that I don't have great pictures. Over the last two years, I have snapped a lot of pictures of food to add to the blog, but most of them have been taken on my phone. So, you get what you get and you don't throw a fit! And please don't mind the 90's bowl in the above picture. That was the stoneware I got for my wedding. Shorty after this picture was taken, ya know- almost 2 years ago, I replaced all my stoneware with cute and very plain white ones! Yippee!

This is a recipe that I make very often. I love this soup. It is a perfect soup to make a big batch of and take some to a new mommy, or a sick friend. It is perfect because it is warm and comforting, yet doesn't have any strong or overbearing flavors. It really is the perfect soup. You should make it before it gets too warm outside!

Chicken and Wild Rice Soup

1 large onion, diced
1 cup carrots, sliced
2 ribs celery, sliced
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup flour
8 cups chicken broth
3 cups cooked wild rice
1-2 cups cooked chicken breast, cubed
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 can evaporated milk

In a large pot, saute onion, carrots and celery in the butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add broth. Stir in rice, chicken, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and stir until slightly thickened. Add milk. Cook for 3-4 more minutes. Serve.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...