Friday, March 25, 2011

Chicken and Fresh Asparagus with Linguine

I got the idea for this dish from Better Homes and Gardens, but then just kinda did my own thing with it.  It turned out really good, and my whole family loved it.  My husband said that this was "definitely a keeper" and we decided that it was even "company good", (assuming said company likes asparagus).  I think it would actually be good though without the asparagus, or with a different vegetable, or a even variety of different veggies.  I am imagining it right now with zucchini... yum.

Chicken and Fresh Asparagus with Linguine

3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
1 pkg (16 oz) linguine
2 bunches asparagus, bottom 2 to 3 inches cut off and discarded, the rest cut into 2 inch pieces
2-3 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp garlic salt
pepper
1 cup chicken broth
2-3 garlic cloves, minced

Cook linguine according to package directions.  In the meantime, saute the chicken in the olive oil in a large skillet.  Season the chicken with the 1 Tbsp of garlic salt and some pepper.  When chicken is cooked though, remove from pan to paper towels.  Add the chicken broth and minced garlic to the the oil that is left in the pan. Stir together and heat over medium/high heat. Add asparagus, cover and steam for a couple of minutes.  Remove lid and simmer for a couple more minutes, uncovered.  Add chicken to the asparagus, and stir together, until chicken is again heated through.  Fold in hot, drained noodles, making sure it is mixed together well. Serve with parmesan cheese, if desired. This recipe makes a lot. It will probably serve about 8.

6 comments:

Sargent Family said...

We made this last night, so so yummy and easy. Love your blog and recipes!

The Beardsley Fam said...

Oh I'm excited to try this recipe!! I"m not a fan of asparagus but I'm defiantly going to try it!

Morgs said...

We made this recipe tonight and we loved it! We added broccoli to it as well.

Morgs said...

I just want you to know, this is our go to meal when we get asparagus in our basket. We love it!

MaryAnn said...

Morg, I haven't got a basket in MONTHS. I stopped for a while when we were getting tons of produce from Gpa's garden, then got out of the habit of ordering. I need to start again. What location are you picking up from now? I really like the WX one.

Jay and Krista said...

So I made this recipe the other night and it was a bomb. I have no idea what I did wrong! I keep looking at the recipe thinking I missed something, but can't figure it out. The chicken was completely flavorless, along with the noodles. Just no flavor at all! I kept adding more chicken broth until eventually it was a soup and it was even more horrible. lol
I need to try it again...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...