Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Pilgrim Hats

Aren't these adorable?  I saw these on the Family Fun website and thought they were the cutest things ever.  So I made a couple dozen of them for our Walker Family Thanksgiving Dinner.  They were super easy to make. My 9 year old helped me with them.  They just may become a Thanksgiving tradition for us.

Pilgrim Hats

Regular sized marshmallows
chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate)
Keebler Fudge Striped cookies
yellow frosting

Melt chocolate chips by microwaving them 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until melted and smooth.  Stick a toothpick in end of marshmallow and dip in chocolate until completely covered.  Use a second toothpick to help get marshmallow off of 1st toothpick, onto a fudge striped cookie that is laying upside down.  Let chocolate set for a few hours.  Pipe yellow frosting "buckle" on to each hat.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...