Friday, October 16, 2015

Tres Leches Cake


I recently became kind of obsessed with Tres Leche Cake. It is SO yummy. I had it for the first time in a really long time about a year or so ago at my favorite little lunch spot, Beehive Bakery and Cafe. I remembered how much I loved it and realized it was something that I needed to make. So I found a great recipe and made it. Then I made it again a couple weeks later. Then again a few weeks after that. And now as I am typing this, I am realizing that I am way overdue to make it again. This is a great dessert to serve company, or just have with your family. Nobody will be disappointed in this dessert.

Tres Leches Cake

1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup softened butter
1 cup sugar
5 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

2 cups whole milk
1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (12oz) can evaporated milk

1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup sugar (or to taste)
1 tsp vanilla extract


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9X13 cake pan. Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy, then add eggs and vanilla. Beat well. Slowly add flour and baking powder, a few spoonfuls at a time. Mix well. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. 
When cake is done, cool completely. Pierce the top of the cake several times with a fork. Combine the whole milk, sweetened condensed milk, and evaporated milk. Pour over pierced and cooled cake. refrigerate until ready to serve. 
Whip the whipping cream with desired amount of sugar and the vanilla until soft peaks form. Spread over top of cake. Keep cake refrigerated. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...