Thursday, March 5, 2015

DeAnn's Cinnamon Rolls


You know those friends that Heavenly Father sends into your life because you desperately need them, but you just didn't realize you needed them until they were there? That is who DeAnn is in my life. She filled a hole I didn't realize was there. I met her when we moved to Ankeny Iowa, after grad school. She was instantly my BFF and I knew that would never change. We lived in the same town for 3 years, then I moved again-several states away. It ripped my heart out when I left her. After we moved, I cried every day for weeks because I missed her so much. Thank heavens her in-laws live just 15 miles from me. That means that she and her family come to Utah once a year. She and I spend one glorious day together every time she comes. It is a highlight of my whole year. Thank heavens for hours of phone conversations, because once a year just isn't near enough. I can't count the hundreds of hours we have spent talking, laughing, and crying together. I could write pages about our friendship and what we have been through together, but we should probably get to the cinnamon rolls... These cinnamon rolls. Holy Moly! They are absolutely amazing, and DeAnn is famous for them. If you know her, chances are you have had her cinnamon rolls. And chances are you are drooling right now just thinking about them. They are THAT good! I am going to list the ingredients and directions just how she wrote them out for me.

DeAnn's Cinnamon Rolls

1 cup milk
3/4 cup water
1/3 cup butter
Put in pot and heat on stove until butter is just melted. Not to go over 120 degrees. (she told me to take it off the stove before the butter is all the way melted, and just let it sit to finish melting)

In mixer, mix:
4 cups flour
6 Tbsp sugar
5 tsp yeast
1 1/2 tsp salt

Put 3 eggs into mixer when you are ready for the milk mixture to be poured in. Turn mixer on to mix eggs while you are slowly pouring in the milk mixture. Add 3-4 more cups of flour, until dough pulls away from the sides. Let raise for about 1 hour. Roll out and cover with butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Cut. Raise again until they are the size you want. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until lightly brown on top.

Frost with homemade cream cheese frosting! Enjoy!







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...