Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Lee-ann's Gingersnaps


I was telling my husband one evening that I really wanted to find a great gingersnap recipe. The very next day, I was having lunch with my friend Lee-ann, and she pulled a baggie out of her purse, and said "I brought a treat for you". The baggie was full of gingersnaps, and they were amazing. It was the recipe that I had been waiting for!
Lee-ann is one of those friends that honestly changed my life. I met her when I was 23, and had just returned from serving an LDS mission. I had never met anyone like her before. She was so confident, charismatic, and comfortable in her own skin. She was "herself" no matter who she was with. She was also one of the funniest people I had ever met, but in a totally unique way. From the moment I met her, I admired her and wanted to be like her. I was so blessed to have her become one of my closest friends, in a very short time. Not only did she change my life by showing me those characteristics, but she is also responsible for me being married to Steve. How could I ever repay her for that?
Now Lee-ann and I both have 4 kiddos, right about the same ages. She still continues to inspire me. She is an amazing mom, and one of the strongest women I know. I love every second that I get to spend with her, and always come away wanting to be a better person.

Lee-ann's Gingersnaps

1 1/2 cups shortening
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup molasses
2 eggs
4 1/2 cups flour
4 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. ginger
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. cloves
white sugar for rolling dough in

Cream together shortening, brown sugar, molasses, and eggs. Add remaining ingredients. Roll dough  into small ball and then roll in sugar to coat. Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...