Friday, November 18, 2011

Pork Chop and Potato Skillet



A few weeks ago I had some pork chops that I had thawed (not unthawed...) but had no idea what I was going to do with them. I racked my brain all day long as to what to do with these pork chops. At about 5:00pm  I realized that I really needed to figure something out and get making it. I had some potatoes, and decided I wanted to use them, but realized that at this point I was a little short on time. Well, I came up with a beauty of a dinner that everyone loved, and it was easy and quick. There was a ton of flavor with very little effort. You should try it!

Pork Chop and Potato Skillet

4-6 pork chops (I used boneless pork loin chops, but any kind will work)
6 or so medium potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
1 1/2 -2 cups whipping cream
1-2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
Olive oil

Drizzle a little olive oil into a large skillet. Heat over med-hi heat. Salt and pepper the chops. Add chops to pan and brown chops on each side, but don't cook through. Remove chops to a plate, then add the garlic to the drippings left in the pan. Cook and stir the garlic for 1-2 minutes, then whisk in the whipping cream and mustard. Next add the potatoes. Gently fold and stir the potatoes into the cream sauce. When potatoes are coated, place pork chops on top of the potatoes and cover with a lid. Reduce heat to about medium and cook for 15-25 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and chops are cooked through.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...