Thursday, August 11, 2011

Zucchini Casserole


I really love zucchini. I don't think that I have ever had zucchini prepared in a way that I didn't like it. My sister gave me the first zucchinis out of her garden this year, and they were SO good. I don't have my own garden right now, but I am blessed enough to live close to my sister and my parents who share their garden goodness with me all summer long. I am incredibly grateful for that!  My mom gave me this recipe a few years ago, and I really like it.

Zucchini Casserole

5-6 cup zucchini (or any summer squash)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded carrots (no carrots added in one pictured)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 package StoveTop Stuffing

Mix stuffing mix with water and butter called for on package. Set aside. Saute or steam zucchini, onions and carrots for about 5 minutes, or until tender. Mix together soup and sour cream, then fold in zucchini mixture. Put soup/zucchini mixture in casserole dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Spoon stuffing mix over the top and bake at 350 degrees for about 20-30 minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...