Friday, August 12, 2011

Baked Parmesan Zucchini (or summer squash)


Oh boy. This is good. I had a bunch of summer squash from my dad's garden, and was wondering what to do with it the other night when our friend Tari was coming over for dinner. I quickly searched some of my favorite recipe sites and knew as soon as I saw this one on Sisters Cafe that it was the one. Tari was actually gracious enough to put it together when she arrived and I was behind on dinner. It turned out so very good, and is something that I am going to be making again and again. I loved how the Parmesan got a little chewy as it baked. I wondered about making it without the garlic salt the next time, but everyone else said that they loved the hint of garlic in it. It really was good.

Baked Parmesan Zucchini


2-3 zucchini and/or summer squash
1-2 Tbsp. Butter
Garlic salt
Parmesan cheese 

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cut zucchini/summer squash in thin slices and arrange half evenly in baking dish. Place thin slices of butter on top. Sprinkle generously with garlic salt, and Parmesan cheese. Layer the rest of the zucchini and squash and repeat. Cover with foil and bake for 15-20 minutes.  Uncover and bake 5 more minutes.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...