Saturday, February 12, 2011

Homemade Tortilla Chips

Mmmmmmm. These are so good.  I have wanted to try making these for years, but just never did, until recently. I guess I just didn't realize how easy they are to make.  This is a new favorite thing at our house.  These chips are so yummy when they are fresh and hot, but they also keep really well in an air tight container for days (I don't actually know how many days, because they have always been gone after 2).

Tortilla Chips

Corn Tortillas
Oil
Salt (we like kosher salt best for these)


Cut tortillas into triangles

Cook in about 1 inch of hot oil (I don't know what temp... I start with my stove on Med/Hi, then after I have been cooking them for a little bit, I adjust the temp as needed, usually down to Med) turning once during cooking.


Cook until they start to turn a golden color. Remove from oil and place on paper towel to drain. The color will keep turning darker after you have removed them from the oil. Sprinkle salt on each batch as you take them out while they are still hot.

1 comment:

Aly said...

Yum! I've always wanted to try doing this. I'm going to have to do it! Thanks for the motivation! You are amazing MaryAnn.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...