Sunday, January 30, 2011

Country Apple Dumplings

Oh. My. Goodness.  This is a yummy dessert.  I was looking at a recipe the other day on allrecipes.com, and a picture of these came up on the sidebar.  I clicked on it, and knew I needed to make them.  I bought the needed ingredients the next day.  I also realized that it was going to make a lot (ya, I know, I could have halved the recipe, but inviting company over is more fun than halving a recipe) so we invited my in-laws over for dinner. Even with the in-laws we still had a lot left.  So then when our Home Teachers came later in the evening, we served some to them also.  The dessert was a hit.  Everyone loved it.  And one of the best parts is that they are super easy! I will definitely make these again. 

Country Apple Dumplings

2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored
2 (10 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent roll dough
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle Mountain Dew (I am sure you could use Sprite instead if you want)


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish. Cut each apple into 8 wedges and set aside. Separate the crescent roll dough into triangles. Wrap each apple wedge in crescent roll dough.  Pinch to seal and place in the baking dish.
Melt butter in a small saucepan and stir in the sugar and cinnamon. (This was a little vague on how long to cook it, I brought mine to a soft boil) Pour over the apple dumplings. Pour Mountain Dew over the dumplings. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...