Monday, January 31, 2011

A-1 Swiss Steak

This was a yummy and super easy dish.  I got this recipe from Kraft. I love A-1... I mean really love A-1.  My husband says that I eat steak just so that I can have A-1 (I think he might be telling the truth).  So when I saw this recipe, I knew I would like it.  The A-1 taste was actually pretty subtle though, so if you don't like A-1, don't let that scare you away from making this (although, if you are very averse to it, you could probably just leave it out). Kraft suggested serving this over egg noodles, and in some of the reviews, people said they served it over rice.  Either of those would be good.  I actually just served it along side of baked potatoes. 

A-1 Swiss Steak

2 lb. boneless beef chuck eye roast, cut into 1-inch pieces (you could use what ever kind of beef you wanted to for this.  I used some sirloin steaks that I got on sale)
1/4 cup A.1. Original Steak Sauce
1 onion, sliced
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained (I used stewed tomatoes, because that is what I had)
2 Tbsp. flour
1/4 cup water

Toss meat with steak sauce; place in slow cooker. Top with onions and tomatoes; cover with lid.
Cook on Low 9 to 10 hours (or high 4 to 5 hours).
Mix flour and water. Stir into meat mixture; cook, covered, 5 min. or until sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally.

1 comment:

Lee-ann said...

I think I may have left the meat too long in the crock pot because when I was adding the flour it turned into a meat soup. It was a tad gross.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...