Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Broccoli Casserole

One of my other favorite recipes that I can barely read anymore is also from a friend from Iowa City. This one is from Donna Gonzales. Donna and Johnny were our next door neighbors for 2 years. They were such great people. They had a swing on their front porch that my oldest child, who was 2 at the time, loved to swing on. We have lost touch with Johnny and Donna, and it makes me really sad. I wish I knew how to find them. I think of them everytime I make this casserole.

Broccoli Casserole
16oz frozen broccoli
8-10oz of shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup mayonnaise
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 eggs
1 cup ritz crackers
4 Tbsp butter

Parboil broccoli, then drain well. Mix cheese, mayo, soup and eggs. Fold in broccoli. Put mixture into casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour. (I usually bake it in a 9X13 pan, and it doesn't take that long) Melt butter and mix with crushed Ritz crackers. Spread on top of casserole and bake for about 10 more minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...