Monday, July 9, 2012

Honey-Lime Fruit Salad



This is one of my most favorite ways to eat summertime fruit. I seriously love this fruit salad. The first time I had it, we were at our friend's, the Morrows, house for a BBQ. Christine made this to go with dinner, and we loved it. I make it many, many times every summer. When Christine made it, she put chopped, fresh mint in it. I love it that way, but since I never have fresh mint on hand (and it is pretty pricey to buy at the grocery store) I almost always use poppy seeds instead. The mint does add a really nice, subtle flavor though.
This is another one of those recipes that I just throw together and don't have measurements for... sorry! I will try to guesstimate as best as I can on how much of everything. Use more or less of what you want, according to the flavors you like and how strong you like them. You really can't ruin this fruit salad.

Honey-Lime Fruit Salad

Large bowl of fresh fruit (my favorites in this are watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries, pineapple, kiwi, blueberries, and nectarines or peaches)
Juice of 2-3 limes
1/8-1/4 cup honey
1-2 tsp poppy seeds (or chopped fresh mint)

Mix lime juice and honey, then add poppy seeds/mint.  Pour over fresh fruit before serving and toss to coat.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...