Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Steve's Potato Salad


I am one of those people who would only eat my mom's potato salad. I never liked any other kind I tried. My husband was one of those people who didn't like any potato salad, not even his own mom's or (how could it be?) my mom's. Then one day a few months ago, he and I were eating at this little sandwich shop and they gave him a side of potato salad with his sandwich. He reluctantly tried it and.... loved it! I surprisingly even liked it also. So I was on a mission to duplicate this potato salad, and I think I have done it. It is really different than any other potato salad I have ever had, which is I guess why we both like it.

Steve's Potato Salad

3 lbs red skin new potatoes (don't peel)
4-5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
2/3 cup mayo
1 cup sour cream
about 2 Tbsp thinly sliced green onions
about 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
1/2 tsp dried dill
1 tsp salt
pepper to taste

Boil whole potatoes until they are easy to pierce with a fork (15 to 20 minutes, depending on the size of the potato). Drain. Fold in crumbled bacon. In separate bowl mix the rest of the ingredients, then fold into the potatoes and bacon.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.

1 comment:

Jay and Krista said...

Yes, your potato salad was good and yes, I would put it on my plate! lol Love ya!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...