Thursday, January 13, 2011

Hoping for better Family Dinners

We try really hard to have dinner around the table each night all together as a family.  But I will be honest with you, they are almost always chaotic.  At least two evenings a week my husband has to be at our church for meetings, and often he has less than an hour between getting home from work and having to leave to the church. I don't know why, but all too often, I am running late with dinner on those days and he ends up having to shove food in his mouth and finish eating while everyone is still just getting settled at the table and dishing up their food.  Other nights are better when he doesn't have to rush out, but there is still chaos. My kids are ages 9, 7, 5, and 2.... chaos.  It is a crazy time of day in general with homework, dance class, piano lessons, activity days, 2 year olds wanting to be held, 5 year olds teasing, etc...
If you have looked at this blog much, you know that I love the Sisters Cafe blog.  One of the sisters has her own blog that I look at once in a while.  Yesterday she posted her notes from a class she taught titled "Creating Happy and Nourishing Family Dinners".  I loved reading it and was very inspired by it.  I thought I would pass it along since I found it so inspiring.  Maybe some of you already have the perfect family dinner each night, but for those of you who are like us, and are still working toward that, I hope that this will inspire you like it did me.  You can read it here.


 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...