Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Chicken Divan

I am one grateful mom to have 4 kiddos that all love broccoli. It's the truth, they really do. And they love it when I make this. I got this recipe from my friend Tia. We lived in the same neighborhood when we both had our first babies and both became stay-at-home-moms. We spent a lot of time together, talking, laughing, nursing our babies, and exchanging advise (because, being first-time moms, we of course knew it all). Tia puts buttered crackers or breadcrumbs on the top of this when she makes it, and just serves it like that.  I like to serve it over a bed of rice. Either way, it is delicious.

Chicken Divan

4 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
4-5 cups broccoli, cooked, but not mushy
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1 cup milk
1- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded

Mix soup, sour cream, and milk.  Stir in cheese, then fold in chicken and broccoli.  Put in 9x13 pan (I suggest spraying it first).  Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes, until hot and bubbly.

3 comments:

rogersinkc said...

I think even I'd eat broccoli if it was smothered with 1 1/2 cups of melted cheese. lol :-)

(and you know how i like vegetables)

Morgs said...

This was amazing! Kelsey had 2 huge plate fulls. We put it over rice too, and it made it even better.

The Cunos said...

I'm trying this one tonight.

Anna told me you cook yummy food, and I said well I'm going to have to nab some recipes from her, I am recycling some yummy but boring recipes.

She say's OH she has a blog all about it. She directed me to it and my mouth has been watering the last 20 minutes browsing your recipes looking for tonights dinner ; )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...