Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Fried Rice


This really isn't a recipe, because I don't measure anything. I just throw in what I have. So I will just list what I usually put in it, and then tell you how I do it.

Fried Rice

Hot, cooked white rice (I ususally use about 6 cups cooked)
chopped/diced ham
shredded carrots
sliced green onion (I've used dehydrated minced onion in this too)
shredded cabbage
bean sprouts
frozen petite peas
soy sauce
3-4 Tbsp butter

Cook the rice. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large fry/saute pan. Add shredded carrots and cook for a few minutes, then add onion, cabbage, and sprouts. Saute until veggies are tender, then add peas and ham. Stir and cook for a few minutes, until peas are done. Add some soy sauce to this, mix it, then add the rice and fold it all together. Add more soy sauce according to your taste.

I usually end up with an almost equal amount of veggies/ham and rice. You can add or leave out whatever ingredients you want. I don't always add cabbage and sprouts, but usually one or the other. We like a lot of peas, so I usually add a whole package. I would recommend not leaving out the onion, it is a pretty essential flavor.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...