Friday, July 2, 2010

Broccoli Beef


I got this recipe from Sisters Cafe, sisterscafe.blogspot.com. It is the best Broccoli Beef recipe I have tried. Steve loves the slight peanut sauce taste to it. I am not huge peanut sauce fan, and the peanut taste is slight enough that I don't even notice it. I made it last night for dinner and actually took a picture!


Broccoli Beef


¼ c. low sodium soy sauce (I just use regular)
1 T. chunky peanut butter (I use creamy)
½ c. water
1 T. cornstarch
2 tsp vinegar
¼ tsp pepper
1/8 tsp powdered ginger
½ tsp garlic powder (I used minced garlic)
½ tsp onion powder
2 T. oil
½ lb (or more) diced or cubed beef, chicken, or pork (I've only tried the beef)
2 c. broccoli cut into small pieces
steamed rice
(I also add a can of bamboo shoots)

In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, peanut butter, water, cornstarch, vinegar, pepper, ginger, garlic powder, and onion powder. Mix well and set aside. In large skillet or wok, heat the oil. Add beef and cook, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes. (I cook the beef a lot longer, about 30-45 min, to get it more tender) Add the broccoli, and cook for another 3-4 minutes (or until meat and broccoli are almost done), stirring constantly. Add the sauce and mix thoroughly, then continue to stir until the sauce thickens. Serve over steamed rice.

1 comment:

Lee-ann Cannon said...

This is the first recipe I have tried from you! And I am leaving the table with a very full belly. My picky picky children were split with the meal, two liked it and two didn't. But my husband LOVED it and so did I!

By the way I doubled the sauce and it worked great!!!

Thank you for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...